Sunday, October 7, 2007

To the south!

At this time of year, every year, I yearn to grow wings and join that mass procession of down and feathers to a warmer climate. You see, the cold and I do not agree. I am one who is infatuated with the warmth and color of summer months. The cold, its persistent needle sticking of frigidity is right around the corner. This weekend belayed its most obvious clues in the forms of leaves rustling and cool temps. I know many enjoy this time of year and for those people I ask how? How can you rejoice when you can barely operate your hands enough to lock your bicycle, much less remove your hands from the lock after locking it? How can you smile when the action leads your lips to their own cold rock hard cold frozen state? Please, if merry during cold weather accept the quick flutter of my eyes as acknowledgement of your greeting. I am not a Scrooge, I merely wish to keep my digits intact!

No comments: